Exemption Exam for the Introduction to ArcGIS I class for students that have proof they have taken:
- Introduction to ArcGIS 1
- ArcGIS Desktop 1: Getting to know GIS
- ArcGIS I: Introduction to GIS
After the student provides proof of having taken the course, then they will need to pass the exemption exam. Passing score is 80%.
Exemption Process for Intro to ArcGIS I and/or 2 class.
1. Student sends proof of having taken one of the above listed classes or equivalent.
2. Once verified, student pays a fee to take the exemption exam, $65 per exemption exam.
3. Student is sent the appropriate exam or exams. Student will have 1 day to complete and return exam.
4. Returned exams are sent to the instructor who will score and return to UNA within a week. UNA will notify the student.
5. If passed, the student is exempted from having to take appropriate class or classes. If failed, the student may appeal by providing written justification for answers to questions that were marked as incorrect.
6. The instructor will review the justification with other eGIS instructors to get their opinions and develop a consensus on if the student is able to successfully defend their answer.
7. If appeal fails the student must take all classes to receive the certificate.