The course includes:
· Twenty (20) 3-hour modules of classroom instruction (60 hours)
· A course exam at the end of the course
Students must attend at least 90% of the course hours (54 hours) and successfully pass the course exam with a minimum course grade of 70%.
· Terminology associated with real estate
· State laws regarding real estate
· Functions, rules, and regulations of the Alabama Real Estate Commission
· Requirements for receiving and maintaining a license
· The examination process
Other requirements to hold a real estate license include:
· Be 19 years of age
· Hold a high school diploma or GED
· Be a United States citizen or hold permanent resident status
· Show proof of bona fide residency in any state in the U.S.
· Show proof of successfully passing the licensing exam
· Have not had a real estate application or license rejected or revoked in any state during the previous two (2) years