This course presents a complete overview of bankruptcy law. Numerous sample forms and pleading will show students exactly what you’ll see and do as a paralegal.
* Obtain a general knowledge of the most common chapters of bankruptcy filed
* Understand the difference between debt consolidation (Chapter 13) and liquidation (Chapter 7)
* Gain a familiarity with bankruptcy terminology necessary for the bankruptcy paralegal
* Become familiar with the process and the preparation of bankruptcy petitions and electronic filing
* Gain an understanding of the various forms of business organization
* Learn the process of forming various business organizations and how to file the required documentation
* Practice and develop drafting skills necessary for the paralegal in the business organization context